No matter where you are in Australia or how you are impacted by COVID-19, this weekend you can come together with fellow fans in a two day watch-along marathon, organised by past DWCA president Dallas Jones! Full details of the epic two day event are included below.
THE 4TH & 5TH AUSTRALIAN DOCTOR WHO WATCH-ALONGS
4TH — “DALEK” & “THE LONG GAME” ON SATURDAY JULY 4TH
5TH — “TERROR OF THE ZYGONS” ON SATURDAY JULY 11TH
HOW THEY WILL WORK
For Dalek and The Long Game we understand that you have the option to watch it streaming on either Stan or Amazon Prime. You can also watch it on a DVD you have bought or on a copy that you had recorded previously for your own personal use.
For Terror of the Zygons you will have to watch it on a DVD you have bought or on a copy that you had recorded previously for your own personal use.
The “watch-along” part will be where you can post comments, on
- A specially set-up thread on The 4th Australian Doctor Who Watch-along Facebook Event page (https://www.facebook.com/events/296539854860922)
- A specially set-up thread on The 5th Australian Doctor Who Watch-along Facebook Event page (https://www.facebook.com/events/2681535365438220/)
- A specially set-up thread on the Southern Hemisphere Doctor Who Fans Facebook Group page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/320287916357) for the 4th Watch-along
- A specially set-up thread on the Dawn Timers – Oz fans of Dr Who – 1963 to 1989 Facebook Group page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/521438384632090) for the 5th Watch-along.
- By posting your comments using the tag #youwouldmakeagooddalek for the 4th Watch-along
- By posting your comments using the tag #waveatentacle for the 5th Watch-along.
These comments should be about what you are watching and also will allow you, if you wish, to interact with other people who will also be posting comments.
So at 8.00pm AEST (6.00 pm WA, 7.30 pm SA & NT) you can start playing, on July 4th, Dalek followed by The Long Game; and on July 11th, you can start paying, The Terror of the Zygons; and then post your comments, as the story(ies) unfold(s), and interact(ing), if you wish, with what other people have commented.