Are you passionate about Doctor Who merchandise? Do you enjoy interacting with fellow Doctor Who fans? Do you enjoy working in a team?
The Doctor Who Club of Australia is currently seeking applications for the non-office-bearing position of Merchandise Manager on the DWCA committee, which will be vacated in the coming months.
As with all roles on the committee, this is a non-remunerated position with a not-for-profit fan club, though membership of the club is free for the duration the position is held.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Correspondence with suppliers and customers
- Housing and transport of merchandise and related equipment
- Customer service at club and third-party events
- Packing and posting of merchandise to mail order/online customers
- Upkeep of inventory and online shop
- Float maintenance for shop cashbox
- Promoting new merchandise via magazine columns, mail order forms and slideshow presentations
- Contribution to monthly committee meetings and email discussions
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to shadow the incumbent Merchandise Manager for a fixed period, before assuming full duties.
Applications are open to anyone who has demonstrated experience with, and commitment to, a fan club or similar organisation. Applicants should be based in the Sydney area, with access to a garage or other storage space and their own vehicle. A background in retail/customer service will be highly regarded but is not essential.
For more information and to apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know your relevant skills and experience, your availability and your location. Applications will be assessed on a ‘first in, best dressed’ basis, so don’t be shy to get in touch – we’d love to hear from you!